Sunday, April 19, 2009

No Bake Cookies

I think these are my husbands absolute favorite cookies! I haven't found anything yet that when given the option he will choose it over these! Once again it's a recipe from my mom, but I have tweaked to find what I like to make it perfect! This recipe makes about 30 cookies... I'm not sure of the cost on this one, mainly because these are all ingredients that I usually have around the house!

Ingredients:

3 Cups oatmeal
3 TBSP Cocoa
1/2 Cup Coconut (optional, I usually leave it out since that's what my husband prefers and I don't usually have coconut laying around)
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I use creamy, but crunchy works too)
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine (if you use the sticks it's one stick)
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

In a large bowl add oatmeal, cocoa, and coconut (if desired). Stir until well mixed. On top of the oatmeal add peanut butter. 
Melt butter (or margarine). Add sugar and milk. Bring to a boil until between 235-240°F, I have found this to be the perfect temperature. If you don't have a thermometer, then allow mix to boil for approximately 3 minutes.
Once this temperature is reached remove from heat and mix in vanilla. Pour syrup mix into the oatmeal mix. Stir until well blended. Drop onto wax paper (aluminum foil works too). Let set until firm (about 10 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment